Thank you for choosing Studio 7 School of Dance!
Please feel free to contact Kelli Smith if you have any questions at (814) 634-9013 (studio), (814) 442-1406 (cell), or email email@example.com.
Kelli Smith, Jennifer Johnson, Natalie Bennett, and Alexis Day are on the instructional staff at Studio 7. They offer a very high level of dance knowledge and enjoy passing their love of dance on to their students.
Dance classes began on Tuesday, September 5, 2017 and will run until the recital which is Saturday, May 12th, 2018.
1. Preschool Class- A 45-minute class for ages 2-4 (Potty trained is heavily encouraged). This class introduces students to tap, ballet, and socialization.
2. Regular Class- This is a 45-minute class that consists of tap and jazz technique for ages 5+. Ages 10+ will have 60 minute classes.
3. Ballet- This is a 45-minute class for ages 5 and up. This class will consist of technique, barre and basic ballet skills.
*This class is highly recommended to enhance student technique in all areas of dance.*
4. Contemporary- This is a 45 minute class for ages 10+ that combines contemporary and ballet technique. This is a style of dance that combines variations of ballet, jazz, and modern. Due to limited space and at the discretion of the instructor(s), placement in this class will be based on dancer’s technical ability as they will be expected to perform at a higher level. Those not selected will be placed in the regular ballet class.
5. Drill Team- This is a 45-minute class of jazz skill set to upbeat music with a sole purpose of looking uniform. Cheerleading movements and tricks included. This is for students 10+. Requirements are high energy and enthusiasm!
6. Pom- This is a 45-minute class of pom technique and jazz skills. This is for ages 5-9. Requirements are high energy and a lot of enthusiasm!
7. Hip Hop- This is a 45-minute class where students learn how to increase rhythm and movement with high energy music. This is for students 5+.
8. Private Lessons- This is a 30-minute lesson once a month (Oct-April) for solos, duos, or trios. 5 years dance experience required and must be registered in the form of dance to match the desired type of solo. Consideration for selection will include seniority, attendance, positive attitude, enthusiasm, and high level of commitment to dance. Limited space available! Not everyone will receive a private spot.
9. Company Tap, Jazz, and Lyrical- Dancers already auditioned to have a position on a company team for the 2017-2018 season. If your dancer is interested in auditioning next year, auditions will be held in June 9-10, 2018. Attendance is mandatory!
10. Adult -This is a fun way to relax, socialize, and do something for yourself! No prior dance experience required. Must be 18 or older. Styles vary between tap, jazz, and hip hop. Depending on enrollment and style desired.
Dance payment books have been distributed at open house. If you were unable to attend open house you can look forward to receiving your booklet at your first dance lesson. Payment books will consist of monthly envelopes along with 3 special payment envelopes for costume deposits, tight orders, and costume balances. A payment box is located in the first waiting room. ALL payments need to be in the correct payment envelope and placed in the payment box. I will check the box every night at closing.
1 Class $30.00
2 Classes $45.00
3 Classes $55.00
4 Classes $65.00
Company Classes are $20.00 each
Tuition is due the first lesson of every month. After the first lesson of each month a $5.00 late fee will be added. If your child is sick or is unable to attend the first class of the month, arrangements need to be made for payments to arrive on time. Insufficient funds will carry a $30.00 fee. If this is a concern for you, we suggest paying cash or money order. Those students, who are taking private lessons, must have their private tuition paid in full by September 28, 2017. Please be prompt for lessons and mark your calendars as to not forget.
Solo tuition- $150
Duo tuition- $125/dancer
Trio tuition- $100/dancer
Shoes orders will be placed at Discount Dance. Please click the SHOES tab closer to the start of the dance season and follow the steps to ordering shoes at your own convenience. All dancers MUST have their correct shoes for the season on their feet by the end of September to practice properly. Thanks a lot!
A $30.00 registration fee was applied to every dancer's account. All remaining costume deposits ($30.00 for each costume) must be turned in by October 26, 2017. Once a deposit is paid, individuals are then committed to paying for costumes in full. No exceptions. Individual papers will be distributed with a cost breakdown in October. All costume balances are due January 11, 2018. Please use the designated envelopes for costume deposits and balances. There will be a $5.00 fee added per costume to your total due if not paid by January 11, 2017.
It is important that those who pay by check pay with separate checks when necessary. For example: if you come in to pay for monthly tuition, shoe order, and costume deposit, I will need three checks. Please use the individual payment envelopes for different payments when specified. I greatly appreciate your attention to this matter.
All newsletters, updates, studio closings, and reminders will be sent to you via email. Please make sure you provide a valid email address and update me if there is a change to your address. If you do not have email access, I will provide paper copies to your child in class. If you dancer would also like to receive the information, please send me their addresses as well.
If a student repetitively misses dance class without prior notice, a written warning will be sent home. If the problem persists, that student’s position in class will be forfeited. No exceptions.
*Company dancers may not have more than 5 absences all year.
ALL CLASSES ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR TIGHTS! On top of tights, students may wear spandex shorts, sports bra, leotards, dance pants, snug fitting capris, etc. Sweatshirts and baggy clothing will not be allowed on during class. Ballet and contemporary dress code requires students to wear tights and any colored leotards. Please abide by this dress code so we are better able to watch each student’s technique.
Just because local school districts may have been canceled or dismissed early does not mean Studio 7 will be closed. Please check our private Facebook group and your email to see if Studio 7 has been closed due to inclement weather. PLEASE NOTE: Classes will NOT necessarily be made up when missed for bad weather! This policy is ONLY in effect for inclement weather. If the students are off for Act 80 days/In-service or any other scheduled school closings, dance classes will be held that night, unless otherwise noted in a newsletter.
Please mail anything that is due to: Studio 7 School of Dance 305 Main St. Meyersdale, PA 15552. You may also use the payment box in the first waiting room during dance hours, or if the studio is closed you may drop it off in the outside mailbox. Please make every attempt to meet all deadlines! If for some reason your payment will be late, please let me know.
While waiting for your child to be done dancing, please watch the noise level and activity of other children in the studio. It can be very distracting for the students who are trying to focus. Please keep the waiting areas tidy and help take care of our beautiful facility. We ask that the studio is treated with the level of respect individuals show their own home.
School of Dance